This is my spot bear.


This is a picture of my son Andrew, no picture of the bear, but the story bears telling. Just got off the phone with Andrew, he loves to pull over and do a little river fishing on his travels. There he was sitting on the bank when he looks over, and there is a big black bear 6 feet away. Mr. Cool stands up, the bear stands up. It's a stand off. No bear spray either. Apparently Andrew tells the bear:"this is my spot buddy, I was here first". It probably was the bear's secret spot as well. They just stood there calmly talking to each other, bearly blinking, for about three minutes. The bear finally took the hint, and slowly walked away. Andrew was teaching outdoor courses as a Y camp director for years. Finally got to put it to good use. I'll have to remember that: This is my spot bear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If you want to save your country