Go Pro Goes Extreme

I built the Go Pro Underwater Camera Housing for Frank Ronny Johansen of the A Team in Norway.  The A Team is one of our top international pro staff teams.  Frank did a great article on the Go Pro camera's so I figured he would be the guy to test this thing out. This is the email I sent to him.

 Hi Frank:

Check it out, I custom built this pro type Underwater Mobile Camera Housing for your Go Pro camera. I will ship out to Norway on Monday. I was inspired by your excellent article about Go Pro, and I figured you would by motivated to use thi
s custom housing to it's full potential; so I built it. This underwater housing is basically a 20 pound Mega Shark with a hole in the middle to accommodate a Go Pro camera. The structural integrity of the Shark body was comprimised with the removal of the material, so it was necessary to add a steel re-enforced frame. By removing the lead from the cavity area, it also reduced the weight of the Shark down to about 13 pounds; not heavy enough if you want to video the action around the 15 pound Sharks beside the camera Shark, or how about the three 15 pound Sharks all in a row. Try shooting from many different angles; from above looking down etc. I added a custom fitting 1.6 pound cover door to stop the turbulence in front of the camera lens and also to get the overall weight back up to 15 pounds. I thought while I am at it I should include an articulating camera cavity so you can shoot many angles; up,down sideways. Yes you will be able to shoot out both sides of this Shark. This Go Pro Shark Camera Housing will be useful for all forms of underwater photography , ship wrecks, sunken treasure etc: it is not restricted to just fishing. We are of course interested in capturing the action around Shark Cannonballs used together with Shark Trolling Spoons in high definition for the first time. The Go Pro Shark will be commercially available if we can generate enough interest. So far I have three people that like this idea.

Sharkman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distributors