More Bad News Good News


Later in the day, Suzanne came running into the room, I could tell by the look on her face this was not going to be good. Suzanne has become experienced in delivering bad news over the years, being careful of my condition. What is it I said. She spoke quickly; Nikki and little Orion were just in a bad car accident; but she quickly followed up, She's OK, she's OK, and so is little Orion. He just has a black eye, the car is a write off. My heart still went into a knot; in the time it took to say the words, I went from deep shock to great relief at the news Nikki and Orion survived.
For the second time in the same day, I reflected on just how precious life is, and how vulnerable we all are, and especially how important it is to keep our priorities straight. To do our best every day to make the world a better place to live; I guess sometimes I need to be reminded of that. I said a little prayer for Nikki and Orion, and counted my blessings.
Nikki Downham was a big part of the Shark hammerhead crew; she could pound Sharks with the best of them. She was tough as nails, and she didn't take any BS from anybody.
Nikki has moved up in the world, taking care of little Orion gave her the strength and motivation to graduate with honours as a Recreational Director in a very tough course. It is a perfect fit, you can tell by the smile on her face, Nikki is the life of the party. She really loves to sing, and she always gets everybody else in the room singing as well. Thank God you are OK Nikki, you and little Orion; please take care.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Distributors